When installing a new shower in a home, for many, they will eventually be asking themselves the question of which tiles they should choose to have featured on their shower walls. However, it is possible that instead of which tiles, they should be asking themselves whether or not they should have tiles installed in their shower at all. These days, shower panels are becoming more and more of a common trend due to the various benefits they provide over the shower panels that have been in the spotlight for so long. As more and more homeowners realise the benefits of shower panels instead of tiles, however, this is slowly changing.
First, let’s answer this question: What are shower panels? In case you don’t know, they are an alternative to the separate shower tiles that one can have installed in their shower space, and instead of being many separate, smaller pieces, they come in a waterproof paneling system that is easy for the user to install into a shower space themselves. For many homeowners, shower tiles are the more traditional option to go with, but shower panels have a lot of advantages and shouldn’t be counted out of the game without being given their fair chance.
So, just what is it that shower panels can bring to the bathroom experience? Here are some of their major benefits that shower panels are able to offer homeowners who have them installed in their shower spaces:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Just like shower tiles, shower panels come in a variety of types, materials, and designs. They can come in anything from a marble effect, to a matte and plain grey colour, to having added sparkles on them if you like to enjoy some bling while you are getting washed up in the shower. This means that, regardless of what design, theme, or colour scheme you have going on in your bathroom space, it will not be difficult at all to find a shower panel option for you that is able to accommodate your design plan and that compliments the overall appearance of your bathroom space.
- Ease of Cleaning: Because of the non-porous quality of shower panels, they are extremely easy to clean. A quick wipe down with a sponge or paper towel along with some spray cleaner will easily do the trick to get your shower sparkling clean again in no time at all. This can be a lot easier cleaning process than one might face if they have a tile surface in their shower; it can often be a challenge to scrub in-between the tiles, and such a surface might hold onto stains better. This doesn’t tend to be a problem for those who have shower panels installed in their bathrooms, however.
- Easy to Install: If your shower panels came in a kit, then they often come complete with the necessary sealant and trims in order to install them all on your own. That’s how easy it is to get these things popped into place! Of course, that doesn’t mean that you have to install them yourself, but the process is much simpler than the one that comes along with installing tile.
- Cost Effective: Shower panels are an easy and affordable solution for anyone. The materials are much cheaper than tile and, because they are so much easier to install than tile, you can save money there too. Many people even choose to install their shower panels themselves, so this solution could potentially allow you to cut out the cost of panel installation altogether.
- Less Risk of Damage: Due to the fact that you are looking at purchasing around 3 panels as opposed to somewhere in the area of 300 tiles, the risk of one of them cracking or becoming damaged decreases immensely. Furthermore, in the event that one does become damaged, it is easy to fit in a new panel to replace the old one, which is a much simpler repair process than replacing several cracked or chipped tiles in a bathroom shower.
- Less Maintenance: When it comes to shower panels, one does not need to worry about the need to re-grout your tiles to keep them looking clean and new. The maintenance of keeping shower panels looking nice is simple—a quick wipe down here and there!
Overall, shower panels are easy to have installed within any shower space, they are cost effective, and they have aesthetic value to enhance the overall appearance of your bathroom. After all, like shower tiles, they come in a number of types, designs and styles for you to choose from so you can customise the appearance of your bathroom exactly the way that you want it. With all of the advantages that shower panels have over tiles, it is no wonder that they are becoming more and more commonly seen in today’s households. They give an extremely modern and contemporary appearance to any bathroom, and are also extremely versatile to cater to nearly any taste.
When it comes to having your new shower installed, it’s a wise decision to not go straight to looking at your choices of tile to have put into your bathroom. Take a look at all of your options instead, and see all of the attractive benefits that shower panels have to offer to consumers—not to mention their functionality, durability, affordability, and how easy they are to clean and maintain. With all of the different types of shower panels to choose from, they are really beginning to give shower tiles a run for their money in the bathroom industry. Before you go and purchase hundreds of tiles for your shower, take a look at all of the incredible options of shower panels you may have never realised are available to you. You might be surprised at what you find and end up among the many homeowners who ended up with a shower that they absolutely adore, thanks to their gorgeous shower panels.